It’s taken me years to figure out enough is enough.
I’m talking AT LEAST 4 years. So, if this list can help one person draw the line sooner, I’ll feel better.
On the other hand, I don’t regret those 4 years of ambivelence. I learned from them, grew from them, and it certainly wasn’t all bad. I know now I wasn’t ready for it any sooner anyway.
1. You’ve repeatedly made your boundaries clear, but they’re still being crossed on a regular basis.
2. The trust has been violated on many occassions, making it feel impossible to build up.
3. You feel you’re carrying a weight around with you wherever you go.
4. You’re more often feeling drained and less often feeling energetic.
5. Your feelings of self-worth are decreasing, and you find yourself believing you deserve some of the things that are happening to you.
Take it from one of my favorite shows, Grey’s Anatomy.